Wednesday, February 13, 2013

International Self-Love Day: Love Space of Laura Mazurek


>> In honor of International Self- Love Day <<


Hello Moondaughter readers!  I'm Laura from Roots and Feathers.  I'm excited to be here on Marissa's blog today sharing a little love nest I made in my home for the whole month of February in honor of Love.  I don't normally celebrate Valentine's Day really at all.  My husband and I don't exchange gifts or plan romantic dates.  It's always kind of seemed a bit silly to me.  But, I do love to honor Love itself.  And when Marissa asked me to share an altar of mine during February, I thought it would be wonderful to have a little space set up in our home for the whole month, in honor of this word.


The things I chose to place here in this space go beyond just the love between my husband and I, but also for self love.  As I was building it I realized just how healing it was.  I had just received these two prints from Erica Herbert, of the two beautiful naked woman.  The colors and playfulness of them bring me so much joy.  My own sexuality is something I need healing in, and these prints remind me of that.  I added specific stones for this as well.  Stepping into the age of such deep femininity, my journey here has began to get very real.  Setting these intentions I feel is opening up my being to the healing vibrations.


I also chose very calming elements, like my amethyst cluster, my donovan record, a lavendar peacock feather, and some lavender herbs. And the incense and sage.  These things bring me peace and a great sense of relaxation, which I think is a state needed for this healing process.  I included two rose petals in the lavender mix, representing my parents (who are both gone).  My journey of love and healing has so much to do with them and their loss.  I also added a medicine pouch my dear friend Lauren Luquin made me filled with healing intentions just for this.  It is such a sacred piece to me.  The beeswax candle is one made for feminine sexuality.


The little prayer flag is one I made for my shop, a little series of textile flags with words of intention.  I decided to keep it in this space until its ready for a new home.


Having this little space full of these things, in a place in my home I regularly walk by, has been a nice daily reminder.  I think Id love to create a new one each month, with a new intention.  My word for the year is Cultivate.  So maybe something Id like to Cultivate each month.


I hope everyone enjoys this International Self Love Day.  Id love to know if you plan on carving out a moment for yourself, and what you intend to do.  How do you celebrate your own sacred femininity through self love?  I think we can always learn from each other and help each other in these ways.  Thank you so much for sharing a moment in my space.

Peace,
Laura


Thank you so much Laura for sharing your beauty and sincerity. You are an inspiration <3

We teamed up together in honor of self-love today, so hop over to her blog and enter my love giveaway there <3


4 comments:

  1. This whole thing is amazing, you two are so inspiring. Thank you :)

    MacK @ SoulMakes Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous, I love this feature so much and feel so grateful to get a little glimpse into people's individual altars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous space, the creativity and intention you apply to all aspects of your daily living is a real inspiration to me Laura!

    I need to start loving myself more, it's something I intend fully to work on this year, starting with the small things and working my way up to the big.

    Journaling and blogging is already a great therapy and an outlet for me. Perhaps I will put together a sacred space in my apartment to honor love and all the little positives, because no matter how deep in the doldrums anyone is, there are always positives if you look hard enough!

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...